Gluten-Free Dill Onion Brown Bread Recipe
A great gluten free bread recipe to try !
* 3 cups gluten-free high fiber flour blend (see note)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons guar gum OR xanthan gum
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ginger
* 2 teaspoons whole dill seeds
* 2 teaspoons dry minced onions
* 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion powder
* 1 tablespoon dry yeast
* 1 large egg, room temperature
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons softened butter
* 1 cup buttermilk, lukewarm
* 1/4 cup water, lukewarm
* 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
* 1 tablespoon softened butter or oil to brush on brush during and after baking
* I used Living Without magazine's Substitution Solution's High Fiber Gluten-Free Flour Blend with dark teff instead of light teff.
* Spice, seeds and dried onions - Read labels carefully and avoid products processed in facilities that process foods that contain gluten.
Preheat oven to 350° F / 176° C
Grease or use cooking spray to prepare a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, preferably metal.
Combine all dry ingredients, including dry yeast in a large mixing bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine. Add all wet ingredients. Use an electric mixer to blend ingredients. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
Use a large spatula to scrape batter into prepared bread pan. Wet the spatula with water and smooth the batter. Pick the pan up and tamp it on the counter several times to avoid air pockets in the batter.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf and brush top with soft butter. Return to oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes. The crust should be a deep, golden brown. Remove and cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from loaf pan and allow to completely cool before slicing.
Baking Tip: To prevent bread from being undercooked in the middle, use a digital cooking thermometer. When temperature is about 206-208 F degrees, bread is done. The gluten free bread recipe is ready to serve- about 13 slices of bread...enjoy !